A shooting was reported in central Samaria Sunday afternoon, outside of the Israeli town of Kfar Tapuah.

Initial reports indicate the attack was carried out by terrorists firing from a vehicle as it drove by Tapuah Junction. The shots were fired at Israeli civilians waiting at a bus stop.

MDA reported that three people, all said to be in their 20s, were wounded in the terrorist attack.

United Hatzlah and MDA emergency first responders were dispatched to the scene to assist IDF medical teams in treating the wounded and evacuate them to hospitals for further treatment. Two of the wounded are said to be unconscious.

One of the victims is said to be in critical condition, with a second in serious condition, while a third is in light condition.

The victims have been identified as yeshiva students from the nearby town of Itamar, just north of Kfar Tapuah.

The attack occurred at 5:54 p.m. Sunday afternoon, MDA said.

IDF forces are currently in pursuit of the terrorist, who fled the scene in their vehicle immediately after the shooting attack. At the time of the attack, IDF soldiers returned fire at the terrorist vehicle.

United Hatzalah volunteer EMT Menachem Bakush, who was one of the first responders at the scene relayed, "When I arrived I saw three young people each with varying injuries. One was in critical condition, one in serious condition and one in moderate condition. After receiving initial treatment at the scene, they were all transported to Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikvah."

Senior MDA paramedic Aviel Mamelia, who was also among the emergency first responders at the scene, described efforts to treat the victims before they were evacuated: "The three injured were at the bus station, two of them were lying unconscious and the third was sitting conscious. We immediately started giving them medical treatment that included bandages and stopping bleeding and we evacuated them to the hospital when one of them was in a critical condition and resuscitation was performed on him, the other was severely unconscious and the third was fully conscious."

Earlier on Sunday, a terrorist attack was foiled in Gush Etzion, south of Jerusalem, when Israeli security forces shot and neutralized a female terrorist who attempted to carry out a stabbing attack.