Girl in hammock
Girl in hammock FLASH90

An Israeli kindergartener was seriously injured Monday after she choked while relaxing in a hammock at her school.

The incident occurred just before noon at a kindergarten in the city of Beit Shemesh, west of Jerusalem.

Emergency first responders were called to the scene and provided first aid to the girl, who was unconscious by the time paramedics arrived at the school.

According to United Hatzalah volunteers who treated her, the girl choked on the hammock’s strings and passed out.

United Hatzalah emergency medical responders treated the girl at the scene before she was evacuated to the hospital in serious condition.

"The incident involved a young girl who choked in the kindergarten while she was playing with a hammock,” United Hatzalah volunteer EMT Dovy Margolit said.

“When I arrived at the scene together with other volunteers from the organization's ambucycle unit, the girl was unconscious. We performed CPR including assisted breathing at the scene, and she is currently in serious condition."

Did you find a mistake in the article or inappropriate advertisement? Report to us