Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Sunday that his government had sent a “clear message” to the Hamas terror organization, following a string of attacks in Samaria.
Speaking at a weekly cabinet meeting, Netanyahu claimed that the government had taken “vigorous” action both to uproot Hamas terror cells in Samaria, and to promote Jewish settlement in Judea and Samaria in response to the attacks.
“Following the wave of murderous terrorist attacks in Judea and Samaria last week we have taken vigorous security and settlement actions,” said Netanyahu.
“Our forces located and eliminated two of the terrorists and a third turned himself in. Regarding the fourth, we are taking decisive action to find him and we will also deal with him to the fullest extent of the law.”
The Prime Minister added that he had ordered Israeli security forces to accelerate the process of demolishing the homes of the terrorists involved in the attacks.
“I ordered the acceleration of the demolition of terrorists' homes. We have revoked work permits for terrorists' clans and in contrast to what has hitherto been the case, as Defense Minister I have ordered that the permits not be automatically restored after the revocation period. I sent a clear message to Hamas: We will not accept a situation in which there is a ceasefire in Gaza and terrorism in Judea and Samaria. We will exact a heavy price for this.”
Netanyahu also said that in the wake of the attacks, his government would normalize the status of thousands of homes in Israeli towns across Judea and Samaria.
“I have directed that the status of thousands of homes in settlements in Judea and Samaria be legalized, that two new industrial zones be established near Avnei Hefetz and Betar Ilit respectively, and that 82 new residential units be approved in Ofra. There will be other steps.”
“The Palestinian terrorists think that they can uproot us from the heart of our land. By our actions and the strength of our spirit we will make it clear to them and to the entire world that we are here to stay.”