IAF fighter jets on Sunday night attacked four military outposts which contain a number of assets of the Hamas terrorist organization, the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said.

Among other things, the outposts served as central training complexes of the terrorist organization, and included warehouses for storing and manufacturing weapons and even a terrorist tunnel.

"Once again, the Hamas terrorist organization chooses to act using terrorism instead of rehabilitate the Gaza Strip. The IDF will not accept a situation in which terrorist organizations act against the Israeli home front. The IDF will continue to respond strongly to terrorist acts from the Gaza Strip and sees the Hamas organization as responsible for everything that is happening in the Gaza Strip," the IDF statement said.

Meanwhile, around 2:20 a.m., sirens were sounded in Kissufim and Ein HaShlosha, located near the border with Gaza.

The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said that one rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip and was intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system.

Following the rocket attack during the first wave of IAF attacks, fighter jets attacked Hamas targets a second time.

The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said that the jets attacked a military post of the Hamas terrorist organization in Khan Yunis. In addition, a heavy machine gun was attacked, from which shots were fired at Israel during the IDF attacks.

Earlier on Sunday evening, the Iron Dome system intercepted a rocket that was fired from the Gaza Strip towards Israeli territory, the IDF confirmed.

Just prior to the intercept, at 8:48 p.m., sirens were sounded in towns located near the border with Gaza.

A man and a boy were lightly wounded while running to a bomb shelter in Sderot. The two were treated by Magen David Adom paramedics. A 53-year-old man was evacuated to hospital with light injuries.

MDA paramedics also treated two people suffering from shock.

Sunday evening’s attack marked the third time in three days that Gazan terrorists have fired a single rocket towards Israel.

On Saturday evening, a 29-year-old man suffered injuries while running to shelter after a siren sounded following the launch of a missile from Gaza into Israeli territory.

Several hours later, the IDF responded by attacking Hamas targets, including a military compound with several underground workshops for the production of rockets, a military training facility of the organization, a military camp with a site for storing weapons and a terrorist tunnel.

On Friday evening, sirens sounded in the Eshkol Regional Council after one rocket was fired from Gaza towards Israeli territory and was intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system.

Did you find a mistake in the article or inappropriate advertisement? Report to us