
Iran and the US are nearing agreement on a memorandum of understanding aimed at ending the war, AP reported, quoting two regional officials and an additional diplomat.
The officials said a final decision on the draft prepared by Pakistan could come within 48 hours. The draft has been submitted for review by both sides.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump told CBS that there is a draft of an agreement with Iran which he has already read. The President did not say whether it was acceptable to him, but added that Iran is "getting a lot closer" to an acceptable deal. He also said that he "will only sign a deal where we get everything we want."
Reuters reported, citing an Arab source, that Trump would hold a call Saturday with leaders from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Egypt, Turkey and Pakistan.
Al Jazeera reported, citing an Iranian source, that “the memorandum of understanding includes ending the war, lifting the siege, opening the Strait of Hormuz, and the withdrawal of American forces from the war zone. The memorandum of understanding does not include nuclear issues because they are complex and require time for negotiations. Thirty days after the agreement, the door can be opened to nuclear negotiations."
In a conversation with Axios, Trump said that he would meet with Steve Witkoff, Jared Kushner, and Vice President Vance on Saturday to discuss Iran's latest response.
He also told Axios that it was a "solid 50/50" as to whether a "good" deal could be made, adding, "I think one of two things will happen: either I hit them harder than they have ever been hit, or we are going to sign a deal that is good."
Trump also said that he does not think Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is "worried" that the US would sign a bad deal, reiterating his promise that any deal will include nuclear enrichment and Iran's stockpile of highly-enriched uranium.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there had been "some progress" in the talks with Iran, acknowledging that there "might" be updates later on Saturday.
