Two police officers were run over and shot in Kafr Qassem, located about 20 km east of Tel Aviv, overnight Thursday.

The terrorist who drove the vehicle that carried out the attack was neutralized.

The officers, who suffered light injuries, were evacuated to Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikva for treatment.

Special police forces were called to the scene to conduct searches for additional suspects, with the assistance of a police helicopter. A search of the building from which the attacker came found a Carlo-type weapon, ammunition, and firebombs. In addition, a knife was found in the terrorist’s vehicle.

מפקד מחוז מרכז בזירת האירוע בכפר קאסםדוברות המשטרה

The commander of the Central District of the Israel Police, Superintendent Avi Biton, conducted a special situation assessment at the scene. Following the assessment, he said that the evidence and the officers’ testimony show that the attack that was likely planned a few days in advance.

"The officers acted in a determined manner as is expected in such an event from our officers," said the district commander.

Overnight Wednesday, an exchange of gunfire broke out between IDF soldiers and Palestinian Arab terrorists in Shechem (Nablus), as the soldiers were securing about 20 buses filled with Jewish worshipers who entered Joseph's Tomb.

According to reports, in addition to heavy exchanges of fire, the terrorists threw rocks and explosive devices at the Israeli forces.

Palestinian Arab sources reported one person dead and a number of wounded, who were taken to hospital for treatment.

In a series of joint counter-terrorism operations conducted overnight Wednesday, the IDF, Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) and Border Police forces apprehended a number of wanted men in several locations in Judea and Samaria, including in the towns of Deir Abu Masha'al and Deir al-'Asal.

IDF soldiers also conducted counter-terrorism activity in the towns of al-Azariya and al-Walaja, and apprehended two wanted suspects. Soldiers also operated in the town of Al-Mughayyir and apprehended two wanted suspects. In addition, soldiers located and confiscated an “Airsoft” gun and military equipment in the town of Baqa. No IDF injuries were reported in any of these locations.

The suspects and confiscated weapon and equipment were transferred to security forces for further processing.