Firebomb thrower (file).
Firebomb thrower (file). Reuters

Arabs on Sunday evening threw rocks and firebombs at a bus that was traveling the communities of Adam and the Arab village of Hizma on Highway 437 in the Binyamin region.

The driver of the bus was lightly injured in the attack and several passengers were treated for shock. Magen David Adom paramedics who were called to the scene evacuated the injured driver to the Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in Jerusalem.

Dvir Adani, a volunteer paramedic with United Hatzalah, said that "I drove behind the bus and came across several young people who were standing on the side of the road and threw rocks and firebombs, both at my car as well as at the bus. The bus driver continued driving despite being lightly injured by broken glass. The windshield of the bus sustained damage.”

"I called additional forces of the army and police and kept driving until the bus pulled over near the community of Adam,” he continued. “Along with other volunteers we provided care to the bus driver and several passengers who had suffered a panic attack and minor injuries from glass shards, there is no doubt that by a miracle, a disaster was prevented.”

IDF forces are searching the area in an attempt to locate the rioters.

The attack on Sunday evening came several hours after a border policeman was left seriously wounded in a stabbing attack in Jerusalem, close to the Old City's Damascus Gate.

The victim, aged 20, is in critical condition and fighting for his life, with stab wounds to his neck. Paramedics performed emergency first aid at the scene, and then transferred him to Jerusalem's Shaare Tzedek hospital for further treatment.

The terrorist was transferred to Hadassah hospital in critical condition, and died of his wounds shortly afterwards. He has been identified as an 18-year-old resident of Judea and Samaria.

On Friday afternoon, two Israeli hikers were gunned down by an Arab terrorist near the town of Dolev in the Binyamin region north of Jerusalem.

One of the victims, 25-year-old Danny Gonen of Lod, central Israel, died of his wounds shortly after. The second victim, a friend of Gonen's also from Lod, was hospitalized with light-to-moderate gunshot wounds to his limbs.

In that attack, the two men had just left a natural spring in the area, and had driven around 300 meters before a Palestinian Arab man flagged them down, ostensibly asking for their assistance. As soon as they stopped, the terrorist shot them at point-blank range and escaped to a nearby Arab village.