* Translation by Yehoshua Siskin
1. Friday, was Pesach Sheini (Second Pesach). In the Torah, it is related that those who were unable to celebrate Pesach in the month of Nissan were given the opportunity to celebrate it a month later. In hassidic literature, it is taught that Pesach Sheini teaches us that we should never despair because *it is alway possible to rectify the past*.
2. The counting of the Omer continues. On Friday evening we counted the 30th day between Pesach and Shavuot. And on Monday evening, we will count the 33rd day, familiarly known as *Lag BaOmer*, the day on which Shimon bar Yochai passed away. Authorship of the Zohar -- the source of the Kabbalah or hidden, mystical Torah -- is traditionally ascribed to him.
3. In the synagogue on Shabbat morning, we read this week's Torah portion of *Emor* from the book of Leviticus.
4. In that Torah portion, we read about the special laws regarding the holiness of the Kohanim and their service in the Mishkan. *We also read about the essential aspects of Pesach, Shavuot, Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur*.
5. The holiday mentioned in the Torah portion prior to those listed above is *Shabbat*. It's the holiday that repeats itself once a week all year long.