Sources in the Prime Minister's Office deny reports from Great Britain claiming that the American attack on Iraq will begin on Feb. 21 - and that U.S. President George Bush informed Prime Minister Sharon of this last week. Sharon's staffers say that the report is a lie, and that Bush and Sharon have not spoken recently, and certainly not at the time noted by the London papers.
Defense Minister Mofaz, who returned from high-level meetings in the U.S. last week, told the Cabinet this morning that Israel does not know of any particular date for the attack. He also said that the threat against Israel must be taken in its proper proportions, and that unnecessary panic should not be caused.
Defense Minister Mofaz, who returned from high-level meetings in the U.S. last week, told the Cabinet this morning that Israel does not know of any particular date for the attack. He also said that the threat against Israel must be taken in its proper proportions, and that unnecessary panic should not be caused.