Mark Levenson joined Morton Klein in penning this.
ZOA is deeply offended that J Street’s leader, Jeremy Ben-Ami, physically embraced and kissed Holocaust-denying Palestinian Authority (PA) dictator and Jew-killer Mahmoud Abbas this week.
This is the same Mahmoud Abbas who financed and helped plan the brutal torture, beatings, castration and massacre of Israel’s athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics, and adamantly insists, to this day, on continuing to pay Arab terrorists over $350 million per year to slaughter Jews and Americans.
This is the same Mahmoud Abbas who repeatedly re-broadcasts his calls to spill blood to stop “Jews filthy feet” from “defiling” Jerusalem – and has incited waves of terror that resulted in the murder and maiming of thousands of Jews.
Here’s the video of J Street’s leader kissing and embracing this unrepentant, blood-soaked terrorist:
- On October 17, 2018, J Street senior leadership, including Jeremy Ben Ami, met with and expressed support for PA Minister Hussein al-Sheikh – within days of al-Sheikh giving Palestinian-Arab terrorists the funds and grenades to carry out a grisly terror attack against Jews in Jerusalem. In that attack, the terrorists murdered 3 Jews (including a Jewish woman who was pregnant with twins) and injured 100 other Jews. (“J Street and New Israel Fund Supported anti-Semitic Murderers,” by Caroline Glick, Nov. 9, 2018.)
- J Street lobbies for anti-Israel United Nations resolutions. J Street lobbied for notorious UN Security Council Resolution 2334, which falsely declared that all of Israel’s lawful, historic Jewish lands, all of which Israel recaptured in a defensive war in 1967, including the Jewish Quarter and the Kotel and Judaism’s holiest place, the Temple Mount, is occupied Palestinian Arab land. (e.g., “Confronting J Street’s Candidates: How are you ‘Pro-Israel’?,” by Abraham Katsman, The Jerusalem Post, Oct. 24, 2018.)
- J Street opposed moving the U.S. Embassy to Israel’s and the Jewish people’s eternal capital Jerusalem. Ben-Ami disparaged President Trump’s decision to the move the embassy as “reckless.”
- J Street lobbied against the Taylor Force Act. The Taylor Force Act called for cutting US taxpayers funds to the Palestinian Authority (PA), until the PA ends its infamous $350,000,000.00 plus of annual payments to Arabs to murder Jews and Americans. (“Why Is A ‘Pro-Israel’ Group Lobbying To Preserve Payouts To Terrorists?,” by Alex VanNess, The Federalist, Aug. 7, 2017.)
- J Street honors and provides platforms at its conferences for leaders of the anti-Israel boycott, divest, sanction movement (BDS) and anti-Israel lawfare movements, including Mustafa Barghouti, Sara Benninga and Michael Sfard.
- J Street condemned the U.S. government for killing Qassem Soleimani, the Islamic Republic of Iran’s regime’s terrorist top commander who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans, and was preparing another potentially catastrophic attack on American targets.
- J Street’s leader Jeremy Ben-Ami pressured the Obama Administration to revoke the U.S. tax-exempt status of the staunchly pro-Israel Israeli organization Regavim. (“Leftwing J Street Going After Pro-Israel Regavim’s US Tax-Exempt Status,” by JNi Media, Jewish Press, Sept. 9, 2016.)
- J Street has received significant funds from anti-Zionist George Soros since 2008. Yet, for several years, J Street led the public to believe that Soros was not a J Street donor. (“J Street's Half-Truths and Non-Truths About Its Funding,” by Chris Good, The Atlantic, Sept. 24, 2010.)
- J Street aligned with “Jewish Voice for Peace” (“JVP” – which the ADL called “the most influential anti-Zionist group in the United States”) in their lobbying effort to remove pro-Israel language attached to the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade bill. The pro-Israel language – which J Street lobbied to eliminate – was designed to prevent European trading partners from boycotting Israel. (“J Street’s Unreported Pro-BDS Partner — ‘Jewish Voice For Peace’,” CAMERA, June 18, 2015.)
The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations overwhelmingly rejected J Street’s application to become a member of this large, mainstream Jewish umbrella group.
Here are some additional resources describing positions, advocacy, statements, and activities of J Street, its leader Jeremy Ben-Ami, and other groups that today are running together with J Street on the “progressive” “Hatikvah” slate in the World Zionist Congress election:
- The Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) 47-page Dossier on J Street.
- NGO Monitor profile on New Israel Fund (NIF)’s positions, activities, and grants to 29 organizations that slander, demonize and boycott Israel. Journalist Caroline Glick also reported that NIF gives grants to Adalah to represent Hamas, Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, and Tanzim terror group murderers responsible for murdering scores of Israeli Jews and wounding thousands more. (“J Street and New Israel Fund Supported anti-Semitic Murderers,” by Caroline Glick, Nov. 9, 2018.)
- NGO Monitor profile on Rabbis for Human Rights (RHR, the former name of “Hatikvah” “progressive” slate partner T’ruah).
- The 2018 ZOA report on J Street’s activities.
The ZOA Coalition, in contrast, leads the battle to defend Israel and the Jewish people's rights at the World Zionist Congress and elsewhere. The ZOA Coalition initiated every single pro-Israel resolution at the most recent (2019) World Zionist Congress, and is endorsed by Israeli PM Netanyahu, Israel’s major ministers including Foreign Minister Israel Katz and Justice Minister Amir Ohana, regional council leaders, Speaker of the Knesset Yuli Edelstein, Knesset member and former Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat, newspapers including the Jewish Voice and Jewish Connection, and more. (See VoteZOA.org)
J Street’s leader is also running but on the “progressive” slate, in the curent World Zionist Congress election. J Street openly states that it is running to “divert” the funds of Israel’s national institutions “away from” 750,000 Jews living in Jerusalem and Judea-Samaria.
(I you find J Street’s leader’s showing great respect and love for this Jew-hating Israelophobe and its positions vis a vis Israel offensive, you can make your opinion count by making sure to vote today for the ZOA Coalition (Slate #11), the strongest pro-Israel organization in the ongoing World Zionist Congress Elections today! (See VoteZOA.org ) Do not sit by!)