(Updated Tuesday 9:15AM) Security forces early this morning dismantled the rebuilt Gilad Farm outpost near Kedumim. About 20 Israelis who had been manning the farm since it was initially evacuated last week were escorted off the site.
Yesha Council spokesman Yehoshua Mor-Yosef praised the conduct of the residents of Gilad for allowing the dismantlement of the outpost without resorting to violence. He said that Defense Minister Binyamin "Fuad [Ben-Eliezer] did not get the pictures he wanted," because there was no physical violence between troops and residents. Mor-Yosef added that for over 30 years Yesha (Judea, Samaria, & Gaza) residents have proven that they are indeed law-abiding and loyal citizens.
In related news, the IDF investigation commissioned by Chief of Staff Lt. General Moshe Yaalon into last week's evacuation of Gilad issued its findings last night. The report states that the forcible evacuation of Gilad Farm on Shabbat was "a serious foul-up with repercussions that could affect the soldiers' trust in their officers."
Yesha Council spokesman Yehoshua Mor-Yosef praised the conduct of the residents of Gilad for allowing the dismantlement of the outpost without resorting to violence. He said that Defense Minister Binyamin "Fuad [Ben-Eliezer] did not get the pictures he wanted," because there was no physical violence between troops and residents. Mor-Yosef added that for over 30 years Yesha (Judea, Samaria, & Gaza) residents have proven that they are indeed law-abiding and loyal citizens.
In related news, the IDF investigation commissioned by Chief of Staff Lt. General Moshe Yaalon into last week's evacuation of Gilad issued its findings last night. The report states that the forcible evacuation of Gilad Farm on Shabbat was "a serious foul-up with repercussions that could affect the soldiers' trust in their officers."