(Updated Sunday 9:30 AM) The Yesha (Judea, Samaria, and Gaza) council held a predawn meeting this morning to discuss the situation at the Gilad Farm near Kedumim. Following the meeting the council issued a statement urging the public to continue to struggle against the demolition of the Gilad Farm, while at the same time taking absolute care not to harm the IDF soldiers or police ordered to dismantle the outpost. The council says that even if the site is evacuated it will act to establish an agricultural farm at the location in the coming days.



Last night 45 protestors and security personal were lightly wounded in clashes at Gilad. Controversy is brewing surrounding yesterday’s operation, in which troops were bused to the site during the Sabbath on orders from the Defense Ministry to tear down the remaining structures there. Apparently the troops were told that the IDF Chief Rabbi had approved the mission, while in fact that was not the case. The Defense Ministry has ordered an investigation into the incident. However, angry Members of Knesset representing the religious parties say that is not enough, and are calling on Defense Minister Ben-Eliezer to step down from his position for having soldiers violate the Sabbath.



During last night’s melee Moshe Zar, who established the outpost in memory of his son Gilad after he was gunned down by Arab terrorists near Kedumim, began experiencing chest pains and was taken to the hospital for treatment. When he returned he tried to negotiate a peaceful solution to the situation.



The Defense Minister denies reports that an agreement had been reached, in which the residents of Gilad would leave their homes, but would be permitted to return to the site to farm the land. Instead Ben-Eliezer is adamant that a Jewish presence cease to exist at that location.