This morning (Sunday), the leaders of the right-wing factions signed an appeal to MK Gideon Saar and MK Naftali Bennett, in which they say that they will be guarantors of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's triple rotation proposal.
According to them, they are engaged "in a last-ditch effort to prevent the formation of a dangerous left-wing government and to form a right-wing government that will preserve the security and character of the State of Israel."
The letter reads, "Out of a willingness to put aside any personal considerations and out of a willingness to take unprecedented and far-reaching steps to ensure the security and character of the State of Israel, in a last-ditch attempt to prevent a left-wing government which would endanger the country, we, the right-wing bloc leaders, made the following proposal to Gideon Saar and MK Naftali Bennett.
1. A right-wing government will be formed.
2. MK Gideon Sa'ar will serve as Prime Minister from the day of the swearing-in of the 36th Government and for one year and three months. The Knesset members of our factions will sign the document needed by the president to allow MK Sa'ar to form the government.
3. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will serve as Prime Minister from the end of the term of office of MK Sa'ar specified in section 2, for a period of two years.
4. MK Naftali Bennett will serve as Prime Minister for the remainder of the term of office of the Government, from the end of the term of Prime Minister Netanyahu, as specified in section 3 above.
5. The parity clause will be repealed.
6. The Minister of Justice shall be appointed by agreement. "
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also addressed Bennett and Sa'ar. "We are at a crucial moment for the security, character and future of the State of Israel. At such a crucial moment, we must put aside any personal considerations and take far-reaching, even unprecedented steps. This is what all the right-wing factions and I have done now. We signed a far-reaching proposal to Gideon Sa'ar and Naftali Bennett. A proposal that will prevent the formation of a left-wing government that would be dangerous and will ensure the establishment of a strong and stable right-wing government that will take care of all Israeli citizens. All right-wing factions and I invite Gideon Sa'ar and Naftali Bennett - come now, immediately, to a meeting that will establish a good right-wing government."
A source in Yamina told Arutz Sheva that the party is prepared to accept the proposal, and its fate depends on Sa'ar's decision.
"Yamina is ready to join any right-wing government," the source stressed. "Netanyahu's proposal for a Sa'ar-Netanyahu rotation is a solution to the quagmire."