The four suspects in what is known as the Bat Ayin conspiracy case "enjoyed" a three-month court recess - in prison. Suspected of conspiring to bomb an Arab school in Jerusalem, they were arrested in May and ordered held until the end of the proceedings against them - including the three-month recess that began shortly after their trials started. The trials are expected to resume on Oct. 2.
Their situation has not remained static, however. The GSS decided that beginning tomorrow, they will no longer be able to receive their family visitors as do the other prisoners, but only separated by a closed glass window. A relative of one of the defendants told Arutz-7 that the new rule may be a sign of the GSS' frustration at its lack of progress on another possibly similar case - a bombing in the Arab village of Yata last week that wounded three students. Others close to the case said that the new rule is cruel and unfair: "The parents are punished, OK - but why should the children be punished [by not being able to visit normally with their fathers]?" they asked.
Their situation has not remained static, however. The GSS decided that beginning tomorrow, they will no longer be able to receive their family visitors as do the other prisoners, but only separated by a closed glass window. A relative of one of the defendants told Arutz-7 that the new rule may be a sign of the GSS' frustration at its lack of progress on another possibly similar case - a bombing in the Arab village of Yata last week that wounded three students. Others close to the case said that the new rule is cruel and unfair: "The parents are punished, OK - but why should the children be punished [by not being able to visit normally with their fathers]?" they asked.