This fall, enjoy Tnuva cheese slices in a variety of ways, to top roasted vegetables, in lasagna, pizza, and casseroles. And as the days get cooler, this super-fancy soup is a great way to warm up and enjoy family time together. Tnuva USA President and CEO Yoram Behiri said: “We are delighted with the contribution that Tnuva products make to good times spent with family and friends.”
Check out this and hundreds of other delectable, tried-and-true recipes on the Tnuva website, tnuvausa.com.
Smoky Potato-Cheese Soup Baked in Puff Pastry:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 8 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 8-ounce container heavy cream
- 4 slices Tnuva Hickory-Smoked Edam Cheese, cut into strips
- 3.5 ounces smoked salmon, cut into very thin strips (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Puff pastry topping:
- 1/3 package Maadanot frozen rolled puff pastry dough, thawed according to package directions
- 2 slices Tnuva Edam Cheese, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 egg
1. Heat oil in a medium pot and saute the leeks until golden. Add carrot, potato and garlic and saute for another two minutes. Add the cream and just enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for another 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
2. Add nutmeg and Tnuva Hickory-Smoked Edam Cheese and bring to a boil until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add smoked salmon if using.
3. Preheat oven to 390 ⁰F.
4. Prepare 6 ovenproof soup bowls. Slice the Maadanot Puff Pastry dough into a large square. Cut out 6 circles that are slightly wider than the diameter of your bowl. Divide the soup into 6 bowls, and sprinkle Tnuva Edam cheese on top. Cover each bowl with a circle of dough.
5. Press the edges of the dough to the sides of the bowls and brush with beaten egg. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.