President Trump
President Trump Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead

US President Donald Trump was taken on Friday to Walter Reed Military Medical Center, according to multiple reports.

Trump expected to remain in hospital for a "few days" on the advice of doctors.

A White House official said that Trump would be moving into a special suite at the hospital as a precautionary measure.

In a statement, the White House said Trump "remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day."

"Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days," the White House said. "President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady."

Trump has had a fever since Friday morning, a person familiar with the matter told CNN, though the fever remains consistent with the White House's description of "mild symptoms."

Previously, White House physician Sean Conley said that Trump “remains fatigued but in good spirits” and has received a cocktail of polyclonal antibodies as a precautionary measure after being diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.

“As a precautionary measure he received a single 8 gram dose of Regeneron’s polyclonal antibody cocktail. He completed the infusion without incident,” Conley said in a memorandum issued Friday afternoon and quoted by The Hill.

“In addition to the polyclonal antibodies, the President has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin,” he added.

"As of this afternoon the President remains fatigued but in good spirits. He’s being evaluated by a team of experts, and together we’ll be making recommendations to the President and First Lady in regards to next best steps,” Coney continued.

First Lady Melania Trump, who along with the President tested positive in the early hours of Friday morning, “remains well with only a mild cough and headache,” the White House physician said.

On Thursday night, US President Donald Trump disclosed on Twitter that he and his wife had tested positive for the virus.

“Tonight, FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!”

The announcement came just hours after an aide to the president, Hope Hicks, was diagnosed with the virus.

Earlier on Friday, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows confirmed to reporters that the President was experiencing “mild symptoms” after testing positive for the coronavirus, but added that he is in good spirits overall.

The First Lady, meanwhile, said on Friday that she is experiencing mild symptoms after testing positive for COVID-19.

“Thank you for the love you are sending our way. I have mild symptoms but overall feeling good. I am looking forward to a speedy recovery,” she wrote on Twitter.

(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Sukkot in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)