Israeli security forces on Monday began demolishing the home of Ashraf Naalwa, the terrorist responsible for murder two Israeli civilians and wounded a third in a shooting attack in the Barkan industrial zone in Samaria in October.
The operation comes days after IDF forces shot and killed Naalwa in a shootout in the Palestinian Authority-controlled city of Shechem in Samaria.
As the demolition operation proceeded Monday morning, however, bereaved relatives of the victims criticized Israel’s security establishment at what appeared to be the partial demolition of the terrorist’s home, with much of the building left intact.
“I am watching the demolition of the home of the terrorist who took my sister from us,” said Shahar Levengrond, the sister of Kim Levengrond-Yehezkel, one of the two Israeli civilians killed in the Barkan terror attack.
While watching a live video feed of the operation, Shahar expressed shock at the selective demolition of parts of the building.
“Smashing down the walls with a hammer, this is a complete joke, it just makes no sense. The whole house needs to be taken down, just like how our home was ‘destroyed’ when he took my sister from us.”
Kim’s father, Rafi Levengrond, also protested the partial demolition of the Naalwa home.
“To just destroy a quarter of this house of murderers is just unacceptable to me.”
Rafi noted that other residents of the house, including Naalwa’s parents and brother, had been indicted for abetting the terrorist.
“The fact is that there are indictments against the mother, the father, and the brother,” said Rafi Levengrond. “I demand that the terrorist’s entire house be demolished.”
The IDF reportedly requested that only the portion of the building used by Ashraf Naalwa be demolished.
The Israeli Supreme Court has in the past responded to appeals by relatives of terrorists whose homes have been slated for demolition, restricting the demolitions to only the portions of the home used primarily by the terrorists.