Michal Salomon
Michal Salomon Hillel Maeir/TPS

Michal Salomon, whose husband Elad was murdered in last July’s terrorist massacre in Neve Tzuf, together with his father Yosef and his sister Chaya, on Saturday night published a heart-wrenching post in which she recalled what she and her children have gone through in the eight months that have passed since the attack.

Salomon expressed anger at the Supreme Court’s decision from last week to reject the petition calling for the demolition of the home of the murderer.

"Eight months of crazy longing for daddy Elad, of painful longing for my beloved, of daily difficult coping, of uncontrollable weeping, of an empty chair at the table, of an empty cold bed, of cries of ‘daddy’ that are not answered, of pictures that I take and have no one to show to, of incessant mental pain, in which all our hearts are burning from within," she described.

Salomon blasted the decision of the justices of the Supreme Court, writing, "The family of the terrorist received the final announcement: You won, you’ve won fat salaries for life, you’ve won in that your son is alive, you’ve won in that you will not be expelled from the country, you’ve won in that you will continue living in the house. You won.”

In a direct message to her murdered husband, she wrote "Elad, I tried. How I tried. I tried to convince people to take steps against terrorism. I tried to convince them to try other ways. I tried to convince them that the next attack must be prevented. I tried...hoping you are proud of me for the process, because the result is a certificate of poverty for the State of Israel."

In July 2017, terrorist Omar al-Abed broke into the Salomon family home in the town of Halamish (Neve Tzuf) in Samaria and stabbed three members of the family to death.

An off-duty soldier later shot and wounded al-Abed, who was captured and taken into custody.

While the IDF had initially planned to demolish the entire home where al-Abed lived, petitions brought by several left-wing NGOs on behalf of al-Abed’s family called on the Supreme Court to intervene and limit the demolition.

The court accepted the request, and barred the IDF from demolishing the entire building, arguing that al-Abed had primarily used the bottom floor, while his relatives lived on the top floor.