Car seat of forgotten child who suffocated
Car seat of forgotten child who suffocated Flash 90

A one-and-a-half year old baby was taken to Petah Tikva's Schneider Children's Hospital on Sunday after being forgotten in a hot car for forty minutes.

The child was slightly affected but his condition soon stabilized.

"Forgetting children in cars is a real danger during the summer heat waves," experts warned, suggesting parents adopt habits which will prevent the next case from occurring.

In May, a mother forgot her infant in a car. At 2:00p.m., the mother remembered and went to retrieve her child. She called Magen David Adom, but it was too late.

In 2016, seven Israeli children died after being forgotten in cars, while several other tragedies were averted by alert passersby.