Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign expressed confidence on Friday that the FBI would again recommend against pressing charges against the former Secretary of State relating to her use of a private email server.
"The FBI Director owes it to the American people to immediately provide the full details of what he is now examining," campaign chairman John Podesta said in a statement, hours after the FBI said it was examining new emails.
"We are confident this will not produce any conclusions different from the one the FBI reached in July," added Podesta, according to the Reuters news agency.
Earlier on Friday, FBI Director James Comey sent a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee in which he said the agency is looking into new emails.
The move is seen as a surprise, since Comey announced in July that he did not recommend charging Clinton with willfully mishandling classified information.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, meanwhile, welcomed the announcement by the FBI, calling on the agency and the Department of Justice “to have the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made.”
“Clinton's corruption is on a scale we have never seen before," added Trump.
(Arutz Sheva’s North American desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)