Moshe Ivgy
Moshe Ivgy Photo: Flash90

Theatre and film actor Moshe Ivgy announced Thursday that he is taking a break from his career due to recent sexual harassment allegations.

"In light of the reports that have turned my life upside down and caused my family great pain, I decided to take a break," said Ivgy in a statement.

“As I said before and I will say again, I did not hurt any individual - man or woman. But as required, I will address this matter fully with the proper authorities," he added.

Last week, six women came forward and complained that Ivgy sexually harassed them, in most cases during the course of their work with him acting in theaters, TV and feature-length films.

Two of the six underwent a polygraph test which found they were speaking the truth.

Earlier this week, Ivgy spoke spoke to an audience, telling them that "My family is going through difficult times."

“I have respect for every person, respect for all men and women with whom I worked. I repeat that I never willingly tried to hurt anyone. I do not want to respond to this in the media and want to do it in front of the authorized bodies if need be. Thank you all," he added.