On early Wednesday afternoon an Arab terrorist stabbed an IDF soldier and tried to steal his gun in Kiryat Gat, located east of Ashkelon on the coastal plains.

The incident took place on Lakhish Road, and in the attack the soldier was moderately injured, with stab wounds to his upper body.

According to investigators, the Arab terrorist arrived in Kiryat Gat on a bus, spotted the soldier and stole his weapon. The soldier fought to regain his gun, at which point he was stabbed in his head. The terrorist then darted into a residential building.

Police from Kiryat Gat station reached the scene within minutes, and rushed into the building. The terrorist then opened fire on them, to which they responded with precise fire, eliminating him. None of the police forces were wounded.

Aside from the IDF soldier, Magen David Adom (MDA) crews treated another IDF soldier who was lightly wounded in the incident as well.

"When we arrived, there was a commotion, which led us to a young man of about 20 who suffered bruised limbs; he was fully conscious. We treated him at the scene and transferred him to Barzilai hospital, where he is in light condition," MDA medic Henry Zarzur stated. "We also treated the bus driver, a man in his thirties who had inhaled pepper spray during the incident; he was also transferred to Barlizai and is in light condition. We also dealt with two patients suffering from shock in their twenties." 

"A man as young as 20 arrived to the MDA station in Kiryat Gat, suffering stab wounds in his upper body," senior MDA medic Tzafrir Yosef added. "He said he had been injured during a confrontation with the terrorist, we gave him emergency treatment and then evacuated him to hospital when he was conscious, stable, and listed in moderate condition." 

Video surfaced on the internet showing the police forces at the entrance to the building, at which point a resident filming it all shouts to them "he entered that building guys," and the officers storm the building. (See video above)

Internal Security Minister Gilad Erdan (Likud) responded to the stabbing attack, praising the police for their alacrity in eliminating the terrorist.

"I praise the quick action of the police force that was in Kiryat Gat; they went into the building and eliminated the terrorist immediately, preventing a great tragedy," stated Erdan.

"The force acted exactly as expected of it. We will continue to fight terror firmly, and we will harm all those seeking to harm us."

The Arab terrorist was identified as Amjad Hatam, a resident of the Arab town of Yatta located in the southern Har Hevron region in the south of Judea, reports Channel 2. He entered Israel illegally. 

Just several hours earlier on Wednesday, a female Arab terrorist stabbed a 36-year-old man in the back at the Lion's Gate on the eastern side of Jerusalem's Old City.

The victim was moderately wounded, but managed to shoot the terrorist and critically wound her.

Earlier on Wednesday, 38-year-old Ribi Lev-Ohayon of Tekoa in the Gush Etzion region of Judea just south of Jerusalem managed to escape an Arab lynch mob not far from her town. The Arab assailants rushed her car, hurling rocks and pulling her door open to kick and beat her, inflicting light wounds before she succeeded in closing the door and driving off.

Josh Hasten, a resident of Elazar in the Gush Etzion area of Judea and freelance journalist, was just a few cars behind Lev-Ohayon and told Arutz Sheva about how a mob of Arabs rushed his car as well, noting that if he hadn't fired a warning shot in the air they would have murdered him with cinder blocks and rocks.