Adelle Biton
Adelle Biton Courtesy of the Biton family

Terror victim Adele Biton was admitted earlier this week with pneumonia to Schneider Children's Hospital in Petah Tikva, and is fighting for her life.

Schneider staff said Tuesday that a medical team has been fighting to keep Adele alive in intensive care.

Adele's family has asked the public to pray for Adele Chaya bat Adva. 

Adele, 4, was critically injured during a terror attack nearly two years ago.

"Two years ago we had a great miracle here, and that is what I long for," Adele's mother Adva told reporters Tuesday afternoon. "Adele is here, and she is fighting." 

"She is between heaven and Earth right now," Adva added. "The situation is not simple, unfortunately. We never dreamed we would be here again, but there are things that are out of our control." 

"We are only flesh and blood, and I pray to the Creator that whatever He decides, it's for the best," Adva continued. "We are small here and really do not understand [what's in store]." 

"I only pray for the Jewish people, here and abroad, who have been so helpful as we navigate this complicated time." 

"I only pray we shall see another miracle as we saw last time," she said. "The doctors are doing their best, fighting for her. I have no words to describe the supreme work being done here."

"These are bad times and we hope that they pass," she continued. "We stand with the doctors."

Adva explained that Adele's condition has been deteriorating slowly.

"It was definitely a progression, as the neurological injuries from which she is suffering make it hard for her to cope medically," she explained. "Every little thing that adds stress makes a huge difference."

Adva concluded that "God seems to want a lot of prayers" to help the situation, and that she has asked for help in interpreting what to do in this situation. 

"I just want her safe and sound here, for her to carry the banner of faith." 

In March 2013, as she was traveling in a car with her siblings and mother Adva close to the city of Ariel, their car was ambushed by Arabs, who hurled rocks at the car, causing it to veer off the road and crash headfirst into a truck.

Adelle, who was just two years old at the time, was left critically injured and fighting for her life; investigators say she was struck directly in the head by fist-sized rock thrown by her attackers.

A long medical struggle has followed, and Adele has been in and out of hospital over the intervening period.