Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Wednesday that the parties responsible for the attack on Har Dov earlier in the day that claimed the lives of two IDF soldiers would “pay the full price for their actions.”
Netanyahu made the comments Wednesday evening before a meeting of top army and government officials discussing the attack by Hezbollah terrorists earlier Wednesday.
Two IDF soldiers were killed earlier Wednesday when Lebanese terror group fired antitank missiles at two IDF vehicles in the Har Dov area (Shebaa Farms) in a Hezbollah ambush.
Six casualties in light to moderate condition were taken to Ziv Hospital in Tzfat. Additional casualties were evacuated to Rambam Hospital.
The IDF vigorously denied Hezbollah claims that an IDF soldier had been kidnapped, and a Lebanese report later confirmed that Hezbollah had failed to capture an Israeli soldier.
The two soldiers killed were identified as Major Yochai Kalangel and Sgt. Dor Nini, the IDF Spokesperson's Office announced. Netanyahu sent condolences to the families of the two victims, and wished the six soldiers injured in the attack a speedy recovery.
“Those who committed these acts will pay the full price for their actions,” Netanyahu said. “For a long time Iran has been using Hezbollah to establish a terror front against us on the Golan. We are aggressively acting to prevent this. The government of Lebanon and the regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria are responsible for attacks on Israel that emerge from their territory.
“Our single goal is to defend Israel and Israelis,” Netanyahu added. “We have acted this way in the past, and will continue to do so.”