Hamas media reported Tuesday that the terror network's representatives to indirect talks with Israel taking place in Cairo left the talks shortly after they started, in response to the IDF's elimination of the murderers of three Jewish teens in Hevron this morning, and then returned to them one hour later.
The Egyptian-brokered negotiations were to resume Tuesday, as had been agreed in the latest ceasefire pact, about a month ago.
Following the fugitives' deaths, however, the Hamas delegation returned to the hotel in which it is staying.
Izzat al-Rishaq, a senior Hamas figure, denouned the killings and said: “We consider this an Israeli attempt to avoid reaching a ceasefire agreement.”
Shortly thereafter, the representtives returned to the talks.
MK Ze'ev Elkin (Likud), Head of the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, told Arutz Sheva Monday that Hamas must not reach any economic achievement after it fired missiles at us.”
"If we agree to enable them to achieve any accomplishmrnt, it will only be a matter of time before they fire at us again.”