The man who was hurt in a rock attack in the Mount of Olives cemetery on Wednesday, was a groom about to get married and who was visiting his grandmother's grave at the cemetery.
The groom said that a mob made up of young local Arabs threw stones at him and his friend who accompanied him and poured paint on their vehicle. The two managed to drive off and escaped with only minor injuries.
The two were lightly injured and were taken to the Shaare Tzedek in Jerusalem. Luckily, they were released in time so the groom could make his wedding. Police are investigating the incident.
Jews who visit the Mount of Olives have been regularly targeted by Arabs for quite some time now.
A group of U.S. law enforcement professionals were recently witnesses to a rock attack on two Jewish men who came to visit the cemetery. The two men had been attacked by dozens of Arab youths as they were driving up to the cemetery.
United States Democratic Congressmen Elliot Engel and Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents Malcolm Hoenlein were recently attacked by Arab rock throwers as they visited the cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
Last week over 150 people gathered at the Lincoln Park Jewish Center in Yonkers, New York, for an evening of discussions about the security threat on the Mount of Olives.
MK Aryeh Eldad criticized Jerusalem District Commander Niso Shaham on Wednesday for his failure to take action over the continued Arab violence on the Mount of Olives.
“Acts of lynching take place every day on the Mount of Olives,” said Eldad. “Today once again, a Jew on his wedding day was wounded by stones and his car was smashed. A few days ago torched a vehicle was torched, but the police fails to defend Jews on the Mount of Olives.”