Terror in Jerusalem
Terror in Jerusalem Yossi Zamir / Flash90

Wednesday’s terror attack in Jerusalem left as many as 50 people wounded from physical injuries as well as from trauma.

At present, eleven of them are still in the hospital and two are in still listed in serious condition. A worldwide call was issued asking people to pray for their quick and complete recovery. In Judaism, it is customary to say Psalms and mention in the prayers that they are dedicated to the recovery of the injured person, who is called:  his/her given name the son/daughter of his/her mother :

  • Odelia Nechama bat Michal suffered serious head injuries and is in intensive care. Her life is still in danger.
  • Natan Daniel ben Shulamit, a 17-year-old student, suffered massive internal injuries and has had a number of internal organs removed.
  • Leah Bracha bat Shoshana, a 19-year-old seminary student, suffered burns to her legs and arms as well as serious shock.
  • David Amoyal, the owner of the snack stand next to the bus stop who told the people who were in the area to run away and then called the police, and was on the phone with them when the bomb exploded.  Amoyal suffered injuries to his legs, feet and lower body and is listed in moderate condition.
  • Sasson ben Shulamit suffered lower body injuries and serious post-traumatic symptoms.
  • Ad Shapira, an 18-year-old who is about to complete high school, suffered light orthopedic injuries and is in good condition in hospital.
  • Shilo ben Ofra, 15 years old, suffered burns and fractures to his legs and lower abdomen.  He is sedated in intensive care.
  • Daniel ben Nurit, 13 years old, suffered lacerations and shrapnel injuries to his lower extremities, and is likely to be released from the hospital before Shabbat.
  • Elchanan ben Alona, 14 years old, suffered serious injuries to his feet. One ankle and three of his toes were crushed. He has had one operation and will require more surgery. He will likely be in the hospital at least 2-3 weeks.
  • Netanel ben Shlomit, an 18-year-old who works as a security guard at the bus station, was injured in the abdomen had surgery.  He is now recuperating in the hospital.

The four-pound bomb exploded across from Jerusalem's Central Bus Station on Wednesday afternoon and killed one person. The explosive charge was placed at a public telephone booth and was detonated as two packed buses passed by.

The terrorist or terrorists who planted the bomb fled the scene, but Palestinian Authority security forces have arrested two members of the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in connection with the blast.

The two, Khaled Jaradat and Tarek Ka'adan, were picked up in Jenin on Wednesday night, and the Islamic Jihad claimed the PA forces had been working in coordination with Israeli security personnel.