Stab victim released: The trauma stays with me

As Adina Cohen returned home 2 days after Beit Horon stabbing attack, she expressed regret she could not save Shlomit Krigman.

Benny Tocker ,

Scene of Beit Horon stabbing
Scene of Beit Horon stabbing

Adina Cohen, one of two Israelis stabbed in the brutal attack in Beit Horon two days ago, was released from the hospital Wednesday in good condition. 

She had been recovering in Jerusalem's Shaare Zedek hospital with moderate stab wounds to her upper body following the attack. 

Cohen told Arutz Sheva on Wednesday that although she was recuperating physically, the emotional trauma of the attack was proving hard to move on from. 

"Thank God, I'm feeling alright, but this trauma is not something you can recover from. It will stay with me," Cohen said. "I've lived in Beit Horon for 23 years - since the First Intifada, I've been afraid a rock would hit me on the road and look, this caught me near my house."

Cohen knew fellow stabbing victim Shlomit Krigman, and expressed her pain at not being able to save the 24-year-old's life. 

"My heart is always with her," Cohen said. "It's a horrible feeling that Shlomit was murdered before my eyes and I could not save her. It also hurts me for her family. My heart is with them."

Cohen expressed gratitude to Beit Horon resident Racheli Ben David who scared off the terrorists and prevent additional casualties. 

"They stabbed me and then Racheli Ben David and her son came powerfully into the parking spot. The terrorists fled and they said to, 'come come, get inside the car.' They helped me and called Magen David Adom." 

"We have an amazing community. They came here yesterday after [Shlomit's] funeral," Cohen stressed. "I hope someone from above will will think about how we'll get out of this. Once it was in Beit Horon, Otniel, Dolev - they need to think bigger." 

"There is incitement here and we are simply people and they're coming to murder us," she added. "It cannot be that a person goes down to the street and someone wants to murder him."

Cohen said she would rest for a few days before returning to work in one of Beit Horon's pre-schools. "My husband will cook for Shabbat, I'll rest a little. I work as an assistant and thank God, the same day [as the attack] they closed the pro-school early because of snow." 

"I don't want to think what could have happened if they closed the pre-school later," she added with a shudder. 

"I want to return to work and my normal, I'm not afraid. Life will continue as usual with just a little more concern. But now w'ere starting another page, another phase, because if you're injured near your home, it's the worst thing."