Aftermath of rock attack (archive)
Aftermath of rock attack (archive)Courtesy Ephraim Silverberg

Three more people have been wounded in a fresh round of road terror attacks near the Palestinian Authority Arab village of Beit Ummar. An Israeli bus came under a hail of rocks Monday night as it was driving past the village on Highway 60 in Judea.

Paramedic teams from Magen David Adom 's emergency medical service treated three passengers at the scene who were slightly injured from the attack. All three were evacuated to Soroka Medical Center in Be'er Sheva for further treatment.

Travel along that particular stretch of road is becoming increasingly dangerous, despite the presence of an IDF “pillbox” – an IDF guard house unit – at a strategic spot directly overlooking the spot from which many attacks take place.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu paid a visit Sunday to the IDF Central Command post, where he was briefed on the recent escalation in local road terror and other attacks by Defense Minister Ehud Barak, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz and GOC central Command Maj.-Gen. Nitzan Alon.

"We are aware that there is an upsurge in activity,” Netanyahu said during the visit. “We are committed to acting in this area, as well as in other areas, in order to ensure the security of the State of Israel, and this is what we will do.”

During the meeting, Netanyahu and the rest of the security establishment discussed what appears to be a growing trend towards the fulfillment of a recent pledge by PA terrorists to begin a “third intifada.”

Earlier tonight (Monday) PA Arabs attacked Israeli motorists as they drove along Highway 60 past Beit Ummar. Five vehicles were damaged and one person was injured by the rocks hurled by the Arabs at the cars.

On Saturday, there were clashes in Beit Ummar between IDF soldiers and PA Arabs who hurled rocks at the troops. One soldier sustained a head wound, and an Arab was shot in the leg when he tried to block medics from reaching the soldier to treat him.

The soldier was treated at the scene, and the rioter was taken to Jerusalem's Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Center.