The Israel Air Force (IAF) on Friday night launched several airstrikes in Gaza, hitting the launcher from which rockets were fired towards Tel Aviv earlier in the evening.
A second airstrike targeted a gathering of Hamas terrorists in the Sajaiya neighborhood in Gaza City. Palestinian Authority media reported that several people were wounded in the attack.
The airstrikes are a part of Operation Protective Edge, which was in its fourth day on Friday.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said on Friday afternoon that the operation will continue until rocket fire from Gaza terrorists stops.
"The pace of attacks in this operation is double that of Operation Pillar of Defense and the military strikes will continue until we can be certain that the quiet has returned to Israeli citizens," declared Netanyahu, who made clear that "no terrorist target in the Gaza Strip is immune, but it must be pointed out that Hamas's leaders, commanders and activists are hiding behind the residents of Gaza and they are responsible for any injury to them."
IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz said on Friday that the operation will be widened as necessary.
"They made a mistake in Gaza in deciding to exert force against us. They understand that it was a great mistake. At this stage we are using all of our offensive means. On the other hand, we know there are civilians (in Gaza), Hamas has turned them into hostages," said Gantz.
(Arutz Sheva’s North American Desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)