A young Belgian man who was badly hurt in the attack on the Jewish Museum in Brussels died of his injuries on Friday, the public prosecutor's office said, according to AFP.
The Belgian, who is in his early 20s, is the fourth fatality from the May 24 shooting. An Israeli couple and a French woman were killed immediately by a lone gunman.
The attack is suspected to be the work of a 29-year-old Frenchman, Mehdi Nemmouche, who has spent more than a year fighting with radical jihadists in Syria and who was detained days after the shooting.
It was the first such attack in Brussels in three decades, raising fears across Europe of a resurgence of anti-Semitic violence and of terror attacks from foreign fighters returning from Syria.
Nemmouche is being held in detention in France and has opposed extradition to Belgium.
Earlier on Friday, Amsterdam said it would beef up security around Jewish synagogues and schools following the shooting at the Brussels Jewish Museum.
"We are looking at the shooting's consequences for Amsterdam's Jewish community," Amsterdam mayor Eberhard van der Laan said in a letter sent to the Dutch capital's city council.
"We are taking measures," the mayor said, adding exact details still had to be finalized with the Jewish community, police, the Safety and Justice Ministry and the Dutch counter-terrorism agency, the NCTV.
World Jewish leaders have repeatedly called on the European Union to take steps to prevent more attacks like the Brussels shooting, or even place permanent security details around European Jewish communities.
(Arutz Sheva’s North American Desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)