A senior defense official said on Wednesday that the video which purports to show security camera footage of IDF soldiers shooting two Arab youths was likely doctored.
The video was released Tuesday by Palestinian Arabs and radical leftists, who claimed it showed the incident which occurred last Thursday on “Nakba Day”.
The official said that after seeing the video, he believed there was a “high probability that it was fabricated”.
He noted, however, that the incident was still under IDF investigation.
Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon dismissed the footage on Tuesday and said, “I’ve seen plenty of edited videos.”
He added that last week’s incident was “a violent incident of Palestinian demonstrators throwing rocks and firebombs at Border Police officers. As it was a life-threatening situation, the officers acted accordingly.”
The IDF has said that the video was heavily edited in order to give a false picture of what really took place, but both the United Nations and the United States have nevertheless called on Israel to probe the incident.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman on Wednesday brushed off the demands for an investigation into the deaths of the two Arab rioters.
"I reject any demand" for an international investigation, he told reporters on a tour of the city of Ariel in Samaria.
"Such an incident will be investigated regardless of any demand," he remarked, denouncing world criticism of the incident as "hypocrisy".