Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that he was "gravely concerned" that the P5+1 world powers would sign a deal with Iran, partially curbing its nuclear program in exchange for a thawing of sanctions on Tehran.
His remarks were made on the eve of a new round of talks in Geneva between Iran and the P5+1 powers, which are seeking to reach an agreement to scale back Tehran's nuclear program.
Israel has lashed out at the agreement-in-the-making, saying it offers Iran the "deal of the century."
"I'm concerned, gravely concerned, that this deal will go through and in one stroke of the pen, it will reduce the sanctions on Iran – sanctions that took years to put in place – and in return for this, Iran gives practically nothing," Netanyahu said at a joint news conference with French President Francois Hollande.
“It's clear that this agreement is good only for Iran and that it's really bad for the rest of the world," he said. "Iran's dream deal is the world's nightmare."
Hollande said earlier that “a true agreement will be possible only if Iran gives up on nuclear weapons forever.”
With the Geneva talks set to resume on November 20, Israel has been locked in a major diplomatic push to convince the international community it would get a better deal if they keep the sanctions in place or even ratchet them up.
France has played a key role in marathon talks with Iran, winning glowing plaudits in Israel for taking a tougher stance than its Western partners in the latest round of negotiations which ended on November 10 without any agreement.
Netanyahu will travel to Moscow on Wednesday to discuss the Iranian issue with President Vladimir Putin, and on Friday he will meet in Jerusalem with US Secretary of State John Kerry.