MK Struk Recalls Fright of Firebomb Attack
MK Orit Struk (Bayit Yehudi) spoke to Arutz Sheva on Tuesday evening and recalled her frightening experience the night before, when a bus on which she was a passenger came under attack.
The bus was hit by several firebombs in what appears to have been a coordinated attack.
“It was late, I was coming back from visiting my mother… I was so tired, I fell asleep,” Struk began.
“I woke up from the boom, from the sound of the firebomb hitting,” she recalled. “It was unpleasant, even frightening… The windshield seemed to be burning, but it stopped after about a minute and a half.”
Struk said she saw several attackers, Arab men who had been waiting at a turn in the road. “The driver said it’s a place where they regularly throw [firebombs]. Unfortunately, as long as nobody has been hurt, nobody talks about it,” she lamented.
The IDF must admit that what is happening in Judea and Samaria is a surge in terrorism, she argued. “Maybe it’s not nice to admit it, especially after terrorists were released, but they were trying to kill Jews – and they could have done it, G-d forbid,” she said.
Struk said she updated the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee regarding the incident. “We must not ignore this,” she declared.
Bayit Yehudi head Minister Naftali Bennett and terror victim and victim advocate Dov Kalmanovich are among those who have warned that increasingly frequent terror attacks could signal the start of a new "Intifada" terror war. However, Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon has said there is no sign of a large-scale terror offensive on the horizon.