A prosecutor in Lebanon on Monday charged three people - two Lebanese and a Palestinian Arab - with firing rockets from the south of the country into Israel last month, judicial sources said.
"Military tribunal prosecutor Saqr Saqr charged two Lebanese, Yussef al-Fleiti and Mohamed Abdul Moula al-Atrash, with the crime of firing rockets at the occupied territories," the source told AFP, referring to Israel.
The source said a third person, a Palestinian Arab who remains at large, was also charged with involvement in the August 22 attack.
On Saturday, the Lebanese army announced it had arrested two people who had confessed to having transported rockets from the eastern Bekaa to Tyre in southern Lebanon.
The salvo of four rockets, which caused damage but no casualties, was claimed by the Abdullah Azzam Brigades - an Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group behind similar rocket fire on Israel in 2009 and 2011.
Hours after the attack, Israeli aircraft struck a terror target south of Beirut. The Lebanese Al-Manar television network, identified with Hezbollah, identified the site attacked by Israel as a base of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command in the southern Lebanese community of Nueimah. The PFLP-GC denied involvement in the rocket fire.
Lebanon’s president Michel Sleiman condemned the rocket fire from southern Lebanon, saying it was a violation of UNSCR 1701, which brought an end to the Second Lebanon War in 2006, and to Lebanon's sovereignty.
While Sleiman condemned the incident, the Lebanese-based Hezbollah terror group would not. A Hezbollah MP, Hasan Fadlallah, said his party was sticking to its policy regarding attacks against Israel.