Muslim American Group Plans Provocation on 9/11
The 12th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks is coming up, and a Muslim group in the United States caused an uproar over the weekend when it announced a “million man march” to take place on the anniversary of the horrible attacks.
The American Muslim Political Action Committee caused a media firestorm in the United States over the weekend after announcing it plans to hold a mass protest march in Washington D.C. on September 11, reported the Israel Hayom daily.
In a statement posted on its website, the group said it is planning to stage a "million-Muslim march" on the 12th anniversary of the deadliest terror attack on American soil, adding it is demanding that Muslim-Americans' "civil rights be protected by our government" and that "laws be enacted to protect [their] First Amendment [rights]."
The group further urged President Barack Obama to "fulfill his promise from his first campaign for presidency of a transparent government” and is “asking for the release of the 9/11 commission report to the American people," reported Israel Hayom.
"We American Muslims reject violence and terrorism, and defend the constitutional rights of all Americans. Every year on September 11, beginning in 2013, we will be marching in Washington, D.C., as we build toward our goal of bringing one million American Muslims to march in our nation’s capital," the statement declared.
"On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day. Muslim and non-Muslim alike were traumatized, but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti-Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam. Yet our government either sits idly by and does nothing to protect our freedoms, or it exacerbates the problem with its constant war on terrorism in Islamic countries, congressional hearings on Islam in America, and its changes to the NDAA [National Defense Authorization Act] law," the statement by the group claims.
"It is time for Muslim and non-Muslim Americans to join together to defend our Constitution," the group said.
The protest will condemn "FBI traps" and the "illegal tapping and surveilling of Muslim Americans," as well as "media propaganda making the word terrorist synonymous with Muslim," Isa Hodge, one of the march's organizers told U.S. News and World Report.
The harsh criticism leveled at the organization following its decision to hold the march on 9/11 initially prompted it to changed the event's name to "Million American March against Fear," Fox News reported, but the name did little to gain much traction and the group had apparently reverted back to its original title.
Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president of the Islamic Forum for Democracy, was quoted by Fox News as saying that the American Muslim Political Action Committee was a "problematic group … trying to exploit 9/11. They're basically a bunch of 'truthers' who think that America is to blame for everything."
The Anti-Defamation League, Jasser said, has identified some of the leaders of the march as "being virulent anti-Semites who think 9/11 was a conspiracy theory."
According to Russian news network RT, the group hopes to repeat the success of the 1995 Million Man March, in which an estimated 1.5-2 million protesters stood up for African-American civil rights to "convey to the world a vastly different picture of the black male."
Last year on September 11, the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, took place. Christopher Stephens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in that attack.
The United States Justice Department recently filed sealed criminal charges against a number of suspects in the attack in Benghazi.
One of those charged is Ahmed Abu Khattalah, founder of Libya's Islamist militia Ansar al-Sharia.
Abu Khattalah was seen at the compound when it was overrun, according to intelligence officials. In interviews with reporters, Abu Khattalah has admitted being at the scene but denied involvement in the attack.
Meanwhile, a U.S.-born jihadi and Al Qaeda spokesperson has called on Muslims to attack U.S. diplomats, and appealed to wealthy Al Qaeda sympathizers to provide financial incentives for such attacks.
Adam Gadahn, who is himself the subject of a $1 million bounty by the U.S. government and believed to be hiding in Pakistan, made the call in a 39-minute recording posted on an Islamist forum, and translated by the SITE counter-terrorism monitoring group.