Wounded Syrians Taken to Israel for Medical Treatment
Two wounded Syrians were admitted to Israel overnight for hospital treatment, a military spokeswoman told the AFP news agency on Tuesday, the latest in several dozen cases to be allowed across.
The two men entered Israel via the Quneitra crossing on the Golan Heights. There was no word on whether they were civilians, rebel fighters or government troops.
Gil Maor, a spokesman for Ziv hospital in the northern Galilee town of Safed, confirmed to the news agency that it had admitted a man with gunshot and shrapnel wounds to the legs who had undergone an operation and was said to be in moderate condition.
Over the past four months, Ziv hospital has treated 28 Syrian casualties, he said.
The second Syrian, who had a head wound, was taken to the Western Galilee
Medical Centre in the coastal town of Nahariya.
Nahariya hospital spokesman Haggai Einav told AFP that, since the beginning of the conflict, nearly 20 wounded Syrians had been treated at the institution, including a 13-year-old girl who was admitted on Saturday.