Dutch MPs: Fire Richard Falk
Dutch Members of Parliament Geert Wilders and Raymond de Roon said this week that they were appalled by the comparison the UN Special Rapporteur on Palestinian Human Rightsת Richard Falkת made between the Hamas terror group and Dutch resistance against the German occupation of Holland during World War II.
They reproached Falk for a “total lack of insight” and called his words “sickening."
Referring to American UN envoy Susan Rice’s earlier comment that other statements by Falk damaged the credibility of the UN, they asked their government to promote immediate dismissal of the Special Rapporteur and to break all contact with him.
The following questions were submitted by De Roon and Wilders, both from the Party for Freedom, to the minister of Foreign Affairs, with reference to remarks of the UN Special Rapporteur for the so called “Palestinian Authority Territories”:
1. Did you take note of the remarks by the UN Special Rapporteur, Richard Falk, to whitewash the acts of terror by Hamas by comparing these with the acts of resistance in Holland during World War II?
2. Do you agree that the missile bombardment by Hamas on Israel aims to cause as many Israeli civilian victims as possible and has no military objective whatsoever, while the acts of resistance in Holland during World War II exclusively aimed to sabotage a military occupation?
3. Do you accept that the existence of the State of Israel is legitimate end Hamas intends to destroy that state, while the German occupation of Holland was illegitimate and Dutch resistance aimed to end that illegitimate German occupation?
4. Do you agree that this comparison by the UN Special Rapporteur is disgusting and demonstrates a total lack of insight?
5. Do you know that this UN Special Rapporteur earlier repeatedly called for boycotts against the State of Israel and against others engaging in business with that state?
6. Do you endorse the opinion of the American ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, that those remarks by Falk were “irresponsible and unacceptable” and spoiled the climate for a peaceful solution, and that his continued service in the role of UN Special Rapporteur damaged the credibility of the UN?
7. Do you agree that it is high time that this Richard Falk be dismissed summarily? If not, why not? If so, what are you going to do to support that?
8. Will you inform the UN that meanwhile Holland wants to avoid any contact with Richard Falk? If not, why not?