At least one Grad rocket was fired into southern Israel by Gaza on Wednesday night.
The rocket reportedly landed in an open field in the Shaar HaNegev council region near Saad.
The IDF Home Front Command's emergency alert system also said warning sirens had been sounded near Ashkelon and in Netivot.
No physical injuries or property damage was reported in the attack, which happened as Israelis began their Lag Ba'Omer celebrations.
Such celebrations often include bonfires, barbeques, and dancing in open fields.
The IDF spokesperson's office told Arutz Sheva they had no information immediately available about the attack.
However, such attacks on Israel's southern communities by the terror gangs who run free in Hamas-run Gaza are all too common.
Over 10,000 rockets have been fired into Israel since 2001 and some 1 million Israelis live under rocket-threat every day.
Critics say Israel's airstrikes-for-rockets strategic paradigm vis-a-vis Gaza has only served to sustain the poor security situation in Israel's south.
Numerous senior security and military officials have called for a major ground operation in Gaza to root out the terror infrastructure there.
They include current IDF chief of staff Benny Gantz, as well as most of his still-living predecessors.
Operation Cast Lead (27 December 2008 to 18 January 2009) – launched during the government of former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert – was cut short by the Cabinet and failed to achieve its ends.