In the wake of the attacks on Israeli personnel and institutions in India and Georgia earlier Monday, Israeli institutions around the world have been placed on high alert – and in some embassies and missions, workers have been placed on very high alert.
According to a report on Channel 10 Monday night, the Shabak and Mossad have instructed all Israeli diplomats around the world to stay out of their vehicles, until they can be inspected. At least one of the bombs that either went off or exploded Monday were attached to vehicles.
The workers are being sent home by taxi out of fear that their vehicles may be booby-trapped, the report said. Vehicles will be inspected by security personnel to ensure that they are not fitted with explosives, the report added.
Delhi police commissioner BK Gupta told reporters the attack in India was carried out by a lone motorcyclist who attached a magnetic explosive device to the car before racing away.
Meanwhile, Iran's ambassador to India rejected accusations by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu that Iran was behind the bombing and attempted attack in India and Georgia earlier Monday. “These allegations are pure lies,” the official said.
Earlier, Netanyahu said “Iran, the largest exporter of terrorism in the world,” had been behind the attacks. Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that Israel knew who had carried out the attacks, although he refrained from naming Iran.
"The citizens and the state of Israel are targets of terror. We know who carried out the terror attacks and who is behind the attacks. We will not go back to business as scheduled,” Lieberman said.