Hizbullah has canceled leaves and is preparing for war, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper As-Seyassah.
“Hizbullah cancelled the vacations of all its militants, summoned thousands of its members and gave orders to its prominent officials to remain unseen in case a war broke out,” the daily said.
It added that the terrorist army and political party put its combat units, including missile units, on extreme alert. The newspaper also reported that the IDF is aware of Hizbullah’s preparations and has increased reconnaissance flights over southern Lebanon.
Hizbullah’s general mobilization also includes orders for senior officials to find a place to hide in the event that war breaks out.
Although similar alerts occur often, sources told that the new preparations follow a televised speech, via a video link, by Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Friday. He warned that a war against Iran and Syria would spread to the entire Middle East, but he added that an Israeli attack on Lebanon is unlikely in the near future.
The reports of a possible Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities may be behind Hizbullah’ alert.
The current routine but large-scale military training in the Golan Heights may also be a cause. It includes preparing ground troops for urban warfare.
"On a tactical level we'll see an attempt to wear us down with urban warfare, which is characteristic of the fronts we face today. There will be a close battle between ground forces,” IDF ground forces commander Maj. Gen. Sami Turjeman told UPI.
Nasrallah last month threatened that Hizbullah missiles would strike metropolitan Tel Aviv in the next war, if and when it comes. He also said that ground forces would force their way into northern Israel for the first time since the War of Independence in 1948.
"The next war will be completely different," former Northern Command Maj. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, told UPI. "Hizbullah will be better prepared. So will we."