PA Blessings for Two Sbarro Terrorists
Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas continues to tell Western diplomats the PA is against terror while educating Arabs to praise terrorists. This time, it sends “best wishes” for the driver and mastermind of the Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing 10 years ago last month.
The terrorist attack at the central Jerusalem location, where King George streets meets Yafo (Jaffa) Road, killed 15 people, including seven children.
Official PA television, in a recent broadcast reported and translated by Palestinian Media Watch, honored the terrorists who are serving multiple life sentences.
Ahlam Tamimi, a young and attractive Arab woman, drove a suicide bomber to the Sbarro pizza shop, and Mohammed Wael Daghlas planned the attack and sent the suicide bomber on his way to the bombing. The two terrorists are serving 16 and 15 life sentences respectively and Tamimi has said she has no regrets.
PA TV program In a Fighter's Home decided to honor Daghlas by visiting the home of his family. During the visit, the PA TV host decided to send special greetings and praise to Ahlam Tamimi as well:
"We, [at] the program In a Fighter's Home, send best wishes of loyalty to Ahlam Tamimi,” according to the PMW report. “We wish her freedom - she and [the rest of] our glorious female prisoners. Special wishes to you, Ahlam, from the program In a Fighter's Home and from the program team, from the home of the heroic fighter prisoner, Mohammed. You both belong to the same group."
The latest praise for terrorists follows by several weeks a PA television report on the ”heroic prisoner” Tamimi, whose relatives were interviewed several days before the brutal murders by Palestinian Authority terrorists of five members of the Fogel family in Itamar, in Samaria.
Another program aimed at Arab terrorists in Israeli prisons wished “all the female prisoners...happy holidays,” referring to the celebrations of Eid al Fitr after the Muslim month of Ramadan.
The Sbarro attack killed 15 people, aged two to 62:
- Giora Balash, 60, from São Paulo, Brazil
- Zvika Golombek, 26, from Karmiel, Israel
- Shoshana Yehudit (Judy) Greenbaum, 31, from Passaic, New Jersey, USA
- Tehila Maoz, 18, from Jerusalem
- Frieda Mendelsohn, 62, from Jerusalem
- Michal Raziel, 16, from Ramot, Jerusalem, having vacation pizza with her friend Malka
- Malka Chana (Malki) Roth, 15, from Ramot, Jerusalem (originally from Melbourne, Australia)
- Mordechai Schijveschuurder, 43, from Neria, Matte Binyamin
- Tzira Schijveschuurder, 41, from Neria
- Ra'aya Schijveschuurder, 14, from Neria
- Avraham Yitzhak Schijveschuurder, 4, from Neria
- Hemda Schijveschuurder, 2, from Neria
- Lily Shimashvili, 33, from Jerusalem
- Tamara Shimashvili, 8, from Jerusalem
- Yocheved Shoshan, 10, from Jerusalem