Hamas Vows to Continue Attacks

Hamas declared Saturday that Jews in Judea and Samanaria are “legitimate military targets” and vowed to continue its attacks in the region.

Chana Ya'ar, | updated: 21:45

Hamas and other terrorists at Gaza news confe
Hamas and other terrorists at Gaza news confe
Israel news photo: Flash 90

The Hamas terrorist group declared Saturday that Jews in Judea and Samanaria are “legitimate military targets” and vowed to continue its attacks in the region.

Hamas spokesman Azat al-Ghashek told the London-based Arabic language Al-Hayat newspaper it is “natural” to hurt Jews in the region because they are “the reserve force of the occupation army on Palestinian land.”

He praised last week's murderous attack by Hamas operatives near Kiryat Arba / Hevron that left four Beit Hagai residents dead, saying it proved the Palestinian people's desire to wage war against “the Zionist enemy.” The four victims included two men, one a newlywed, and two women, one of whom was nine months pregnant.

“Hurting Zionist settlers is a natural thing... they now constitute an actual army, in the full sense of the word,” al-Ghashek told the newspaper. “They have more than a half a million automatic weapons, in addition to the basic protection granted them by the occupation army.”

On Thursday, the Reuters news agency reported that 13 Gaza terrorist groups have allegedly teamed up to launch a new round of attacks against Israeli civilians.

The same day, Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu began direct talks in Washington D.C. for the first time since Netanyahu entered office – an effort Hamas and affiliated terror groups are trying desperately to sabotage.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Jordanian King Abdullah II and Quartet Mideast envoy Tony Blair also were present at the White House for the event, which al-Ghashek referred to as a “media circus.”




top