The French Consulate in Jerusalem has announced that the Tombs of the Kings archaeological site, featuring rock cut tombs on Salah Ad-Din Streeet, will reopen to the general public after a decade, starting October 24 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, subject to prior online registration.
A similar announcement came out a few months ago, but in practice, the consulate re-closed the venue after less than a day claiming an incident at the opening. The site was purchased in 1874 through the French consul for Bert Emily Bertrand of the Levi family and in 1886 was included as part of France's national assets in the Holy Land.