The man accused of attacking an identifiably Jewish man walking home from Shabbat services in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn was indicted on several charges including committing a hate crime.
James Vincent, 40, was arraigned on Wednesday in Brooklyn Supreme Court on a 17-count indictment. He is charged among other things, with first-degree strangulation as a hate crime, and second-degree assault as a hate crime . He also is charged with illegal possession of marijuana. He was arrested last month.
The attack on Menachem Moskowitz, a 52-year-old father of 9, occurred on April 21. He told the CrownHights.info news website following the attack that he said “good afternoon” to the man who was smoking a cigar on a street corner,
JTA