A former key official from the UN Balkans war crimes court was freed Tuesday after spending five days for contempt in the same jail as notorious ex-leaders like Radovan Karadzic.
French national Florence Hartmann, who served for six years as the spokeswoman for the court's ex-prosecutor, confirmed to AFP that she had been released by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).
"I am extremely tired, completely exhausted, stunned," she said in a brief telephone interview after her release.
"I am really relieved to be out of prison, and ready to fight," she said, adding she just needed one night to recover from her ordeal.