News Briefs

  Adar 1, 5773 , 11/02/13

Lapid: There Will Be No Civil War Here!

Yesh Atid chariman MK Yair Lapid gave his first speech to the Knesset on Monday afternoon and touched on the hope that differing opinions between the Knesset's parties will not lead to stark division within the government. 

"Israeli law can not exist under the threat of violence and violations of the law. Anyone who wants to voice their opinion, his opinion will be voiced but he needs to know if the state decides against his better judgment, he must abide by the decision - even if it goes against everything sacred to him," Lapid said. 

"The debate on equal burden raised the call for civil war. There will not be a civil war here! 10% of the population will not threaten the other 90% with a civil war," Lapid added. 

Other archived news briefs:Feb 11 2013, 05:54 PM, 2/11/2013