Australia Wednesday said its police had been involved in the probe into the deadly bomb attack on Israeli tourists in Bulgaria last July which found that one of those involved was an Australian with ties to Hizbullah.
Bulgaria said Tuesday that two people of interest in the July 2012 bomb attack that killed five tourists were Australian and Canadian citizens who had lived in Lebanon and were part of the Shiite armed movement Hezbollah.
Australia's Foreign Minister Bob Carr said the Bulgarian government had indicated that one person of interest in the matter may be an Australian passport holder, AFP reported.
"The Australian Federal Police has worked with Bulgarian authorities in pursuit of those responsible for the bombing," he said in a statement.
"The Australian government condemns all acts of political violence and terrorism and welcomes today's evidence of progress in this investigation," he added.