Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin visited Kfar Aza, the Sha'ar Hanegev regional council area and the city of Netivot on Tuesday morning.
During his visit Rivlin said "the Israeli government must give up on the residents in the south. The determination here is strong but it is not unlimited. We need to find a way to stop the hostility towards Israel and the people living here. It is unacceptable that children do not go to school, and parents live in a continual state of existential dread."
A store in Netiviot was hit by a rocket from Gaza on Monday causing extensive damage.
Among the ideas proposed for dealing with the rocket attacks are:
* cutting off the electricity and water supplies which Gaza receives from Israel
* a full scale ground invasion of Gaza,
* a continuation of reprisal attacks on rocket launching sites,
* pinpoint surgical strikes on terrorist leaders,
* cease-fire agreements with Hamas.
* a combination of different solutions