News Brief 7/17/2011, Tammuz 15, 5771
MDA to Help Netanya Victims
Magen David Adom will help find housing for residents of a Netanya apartment building that blew up Friday night. The now-homeless victims will be housed in Magen David Adom stations in the area until a better solution can be found, the organization said. MDA will also supply the group with clothing and other items.
No one was killed in the explosion, which officials said was caused by a gas leak. Eleven Chinese workers were injured, one moderately and the rest lightly. It was the second explosion caused by a gas leak in Netanya in a month.